Fermented honey garlic
Regular price $45.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
We have two contents here: garlic and honey. When garlic cloves become bruised, they release a liquid compound called allicin. Allicin can break down raw honey into a finer and less viscous form that allows for the softening (fermentation) of the garlic. Not only does their combination create more palatable and fully rendered cloves, but it also delivers a marriage of their culinary and medicinal benefits that is potent in both components. We are talking about:
- an antimicrobial, antibacterial, and antiviral powerhouse with high levels of antioxidants and vitamin compounds that have been noted to :
- reduce and protect against heavy metal toxicity
- improve cholesterol levels
- lower blood pressure
- strengthen the immune systemFrom a culinary perspective, both the allicined honey and fermented cloves complement sweet and savory dishes alike. Thinking about:
- a glaze for meat and veggies
- salad dressings
- cocktail syrup/garnish
- baking the cloves into focaccia, cookies, etc.…get imaginative! On the other hand, I’ve gotten the most batch requests so far from people who just want to incorporate “a clove per day” into their supplement regime.Both the garlic and the honey are sourced from the central coast of California. Contract sales directly support the regenerative land management practices of local apiaries and producers.